Many people rely on mobile data to stay connected with family and friends. When cell networks don’t work, it can be frustrating as there are a number of solutions for iPhone users (see links below). For iPad owners, the options aren’t quite so clear-cut but these tips should help!
Cellular Data Not Working On iPhone and iPad? The Real Fix! is a blog post that discusses why cellular data isn’t working on the iphone. The article provides solutions for users who are experiencing this issue.
Apple’s new iOS 15 has been launched to the public, and although many users are pleased with the new features and enhancements, some are having issues. Cellular data not functioning on iPhone or iPad is one of the most prevalent problems. But don’t worry, we’re here to assist you!
This article contains the following content:
Table of Contents
- 1 The most common signs that your iPhone or iPad’s cellular data isn’t working are:
- 2 Why would this happen?
- 3 How to Fix iOS 15’s Cellular Data Not Working Issue
- 3.1 Cellular Data Disable and Enable
- 3.2 On and off the Airplane Mode
- 3.3 Restart your computer.
- 3.4 Remove your SIM card and replace it.
- 3.5 Examine your date and time settings.
- 3.6 Look for an update to your carrier’s settings.
- 3.7 Turn off LTE.
- 3.8 Disconnect from the VPN
- 3.9 Make sure your iPhone or iPad is up to date.
- 3.10 Set your network settings to default.
- 3.11 Contact your service provider.
- 3.12 Apple can assist you.
- 4 Is Your Mobile Data Not Working? Fixed the issue
The most common signs that your iPhone or iPad’s cellular data isn’t working are:
- The cellular data network could not be activated. The cellular data icon is grayed out or missing entirely. Wi-Fi is the only way to get data.
- You have no access to the internet. Your internet is either very sluggish or completely unavailable.
- Cellular Update Failed: Until your iOS devices are updated, you won’t be able to make or receive phone calls, send or receive text messages (SMS), or use cellular data.
This is merely a small sample of the many error messages you may see.
Why would this happen?
A lot of issues might be causing your cellular data to be unavailable. It might be due to a lack of mobile internet coverage or a weak connection in your location, a physical issue with your iOS device or SIM, a system malfunction after an upgrade, or simply forgetting to switch off Airplane Mode.
How to Fix iOS 15’s Cellular Data Not Working Issue
Now, have a look at these simple ways to permanently cure the “cellular data not functioning” issue on your iPhone or iPad.
Cellular Data Disable and Enable
If your iPhone or iPad’s cellular data isn’t functioning, the first thing you need do is deactivate it and then reactivate it. This is how:
- Tap Cellular in the Settings menu.
- Toggle the switch to the off position under Cellular Data Options.
- Toggle the switch to turn it on if it’s off.
On and off the Airplane Mode
The next thing you should try is turning airplane mode on and off. To do this, go to Settings > Airplane Mode and toggle the switch to the “on” position. After a few seconds, switch it back to “off” and see if your cellular data starts working again.
Restart your computer.
Restarting your smartphone will hopefully resolve any temporary difficulties that are creating a connection difficulty and restore your cellular data.
Simply press and hold the power button to turn it off. Turn your smartphone back on after a few seconds to determine whether the issue has been repaired.
Remove your SIM card and replace it.
If none of the previous methods work, you may try removing and replacing your SIM card. This simple solution often works! Follow these steps to do this:
- Turn off your device as described above.
- Open the lid of your iPhone or iPad SIM tray using a SIM tool or another method.
- Remove and discard your SIM card.
- Close the tray and re-insert your SIM card.
- Return your gadget to its original state.
It’s possible that your network is down or that your SIM card has been destroyed. If this is the case, contact your service provider and ask for a new SIM card.
Examine your date and time settings.
Sometimes, if the date and time settings are not set correctly, it can cause problems with cellular data. To fix it, just go to Settings > General > Date & Time and make sure that the date and time are set correctly. If they’re not, tap on the “Set Automatically” toggle to turn it on.
If it doesn’t work, go on to the next suggestion!
Look for an update to your carrier’s settings.
Another thing you can try is checking for a carrier settings update. These updates are released by your carrier in order to improve cellular data performance or to fix bugs. To check for an update, go to Settings > General > About and wait to see if there’s an update available. If there is, follow the on-screen instructions to install it.
Turn off LTE.
If you’re having trouble obtaining any cellular data, consider turning off LTE on your smartphone. Go to Settings and hit Cellular Data to do so. Then, next to Enable LTE/4G, turn off the option.
This will certainly make your connection slower, but it will allow you to go back online if none of your other connections are functioning correctly.
Disconnect from the VPN
If your iPhone or iPad isn’t connecting to the internet or cellular data, the first thing you should try is turning off your VPN. To do this, go to Settings > VPN and toggle the switch off. Once you’ve done that, try connecting to the internet again. If it still doesn’t work, move on to the next step.
Make sure your iPhone or iPad is up to date.
If you’re experiencing trouble connecting, there’s a fair chance it’s due to a fault in an older version of iOS that has been resolved in the newest release.
Note: Before installing any software update, Apple highly advises that you back up your iPhone and iPad using iCloud or your computer.
To check for updates, go to your device’s Settings app and choose General. Tap Software Update from there, and if an update is available, download and install it. Reconnect to cellular data when your device has been updated.
Set your network settings to default.
If you’ve tried all of the above solutions and your cellular data is still not working, you may want to try resetting your Network Settings. This will reset ALL of your network settings, including your Wi-Fi settings and VPN & APN settings. To do this,
For iOS or iPadOS 15 or later, go to Settings > General > Transfer or Reset iPhone > Reset and tap on “Reset Network Settings.”
For iOS or iPadOS 14 or earlier, go to Settings > General > Reset and tap on “Reset Network Settings.”
Contact your service provider.
There are occasions when a problem with your account or service arises that only your carrier can resolve. It’s time to make contact with them. They may be able to assist you with troubleshooting or even give you with a new SIM card.
Apple can assist you.
If none of the solutions above have worked, you may need to Apple can assist you.. There are a few ways to do this:
- You may also book an appointment with the Genius Bar at your local Apple Store.
- Apple Support is also available online or by phone at 1-800-MY-APPLE (1-800-692-7753).
- Visit an Apple Authorized Service Provider with your device.
Is Your Mobile Data Not Working? Fixed the issue
Your iPhone or iPad’s cellular data should be functioning again after attempting all of the methods suggested above. So you can use wireless data to browse the internet and send SMS once again! The next time your iPhone’s cellular data stops functioning, you’ll know what to do. Thank you for taking the time to read this!
Did a different solution that we didn’t mention work? Please tell us what occurred in a comment!
My name is Naveena, and I’m new to this profession. I’m very interested in writing about technology and am willing to write both expository and narrative topics. My main goal is to deliver and share knowledge with users by interacting with them about various technologies. I also enjoy cooking, gardening, and traveling.
The “cellular data not working on iphone 11” is a problem that many iPhone and iPad users have been having. The issue has been present for quite some time, but the real fix is actually pretty simple.
- verizon ipad cellular data not working
- why is my iphone not working without wifi
- iphone 13 cellular data not working
- why is my cellular data not working on iphone 7
- iphone 12 cellular data not working