Italian giants Inter Milan are reportedly making a loan return of the Belgium international Romelu Lukaku to Chelsea in order to bolster their chances of securing Champions League football next season. The West Londoners will gain first option on signing him permanently if they so wish, with Man United also interested in bringing back their former striker.
Romelu Lukaku is a Belgian footballer who plays as a striker for Premier League club Chelsea. He has been linked with an Inter Milan return on loan from Chelsea. Read more in detail here: romelu lukaku.
Although the January transfer window for 2022 has closed, there is still lots of speculation about who will be heading where. Transfer Talk provides you the most up-to-date news on speculations, arrivals and departures, and, of course, completed transactions!
TOP STORY: Is Lukaku on his way back to Inter?
According to Calciomercato, Chelsea striker Romelu Lukaku may still be on his way back to Internazionale, with the Serie A club considering options to bring him back to the San Siro.
Since joining Chelsea in the summer, the 28-year-old Belgian striker has struggled to make an impact, netting only five goals in 19 Premier League outings.
While Inter are unsure if they can afford the price necessary to bring him back on a permanent basis, the newest reports indicate that they are now considering a summer loan deal.
Lukaku is said to be unhappy at Stamford Bridge and would welcome a return to Inter, which he voiced his intention to do in an explosive interview in December 2021. Last season, the Belgian international was a star performer for the Nerazzurri, netting 24 goals in 36 league games.
Inter Milan might re-sign Romelu Lukaku. Getty Images/Robin Jones
– LaLiga, Bundesliga, MLS, FA Cup, and more on ESPN+ (U.S.) – Watch ESPN FC every day on ESPN+ (U.S. only) – Don’t have access to ESPN? Get immediate access
GOSSIP ON PAPER
– According to Le 10 Sport, Paris Saint-Germain is interested in signing Ajax Amsterdam winger Antony. With his recent performances, the 22-year-old has began to attract the attention of prominent teams around Europe, with Bayern Munich being one among them. According to reports, PSG has already contacted his representation about a possible agreement that would see him go to the Parc des Princes in the summer.
– According to Fabrizio Romano, AS Roma have no plans to split ways with Tammy Abraham this summer. Chelsea has a buyback provision in his contract that allows them to bring him back to Stamford Bridge for a €80 million price in July 2023, but Roma manager Jose Mourinho wants to retain the 24-year-old attacker. This season, he has 15 goals in 29 Serie A games.
– According to Foot Mercato, PSG is interested in Saint-Etienne forward Jibril Othman. PSG’s management is said to have ramped up negotiations in recent weeks, with the Ligue 1 leaders hoping to clinch a deal before the summer transfer window closes. The 17-year-old attacker has played for France at the junior level and would be eligible to depart for a price.
– There has been speculation that Neymar would leave PSG this summer, but Goal says that the Brazilian is pleased at the club and wants to remain. The Brazil international’s contract isn’t slated to expire until 2025, and with clubs unable to match his current pay, the latest suggests he may be able to play out the remainder of his agreement.
– According to Sport, Liverpool has beaten Real Madrid to the signing of Fabio Carvalho. The 19-year-old Fulham offensive midfielder has been linked with the LaLiga club all season, but it seems that the Reds have jumped in for his services.
- lukaku stats