The transfer window is closed, but that doesn’t mean all the action has stopped. Barcelona are still trying to convince Ousmane Dembele to move from Borussia Dortmund and Chelsea have come in with a £135 million bid for Juventus’ Paulo Dybala according to reports.
Dembele is one of the most sought-after players in Europe. Chelsea, Manchester United, and Juventus are all battling for his signature.
The January transfer season is rapidly approaching, and consequently, speculation about who will go where is rife. As we approach the winter transfer window in 2022, Transfer Talk gives you all the latest news.
Table of Contents
Dembele is in high demand.
According to Diario Sport, Juventus, Manchester United, and Chelsea are all interested in signing Barcelona winger Ousmane Dembele.
The Frenchman’s contract with the Blaugrana expires in the summer of 2022, sparking a lot of speculation about his future.
Barcelona has not given up hope of retaining the 24-year-old beyond this season, and a short-term extension might keep him in Catalonia while giving them more time to negotiate a lengthier contract.
While Dembele is content in his present position at Barcelona, his agent has claimed that a transfer abroad may result in him earning twice as much as he does at Camp Nou, as well as the opportunity to win championships.
Barcelona is aiming to counter this by providing Dembele a lesser salary with numerous incentives, which could make him one of the club’s top earners if he and the squad perform well.
The guy that was signed from Borussia Dortmund would most likely have a two-year deal.
If Dembele does not sign before January, the Blaugrana may unload four or five players in order to acquire two offensive players in the winter window, with Manchester City’s Ferran Torres being the top target.
Everything is dependent on what happens in Barcelona, but Juventus, Manchester United, and Chelsea are all keeping a careful eye on the situation, with Paris Saint-Germain perhaps becoming involved.
– ESPN FC 100: The top players in the world by position – ESPN+ guide: LaLiga, Bundesliga, MLS, FA Cup, and more (U.S.) – Watch ESPN FC every day on ESPN+ (U.S. only)
The three clubs vying for Barcelona’s Ousmane Dembele are Juventus, Manchester United, and Chelsea. Getty Images/Peter Salado/Quality Sport Images
GOSSIP ON PAPER
– According to The Daily Mail, Real Madrid is keeping an eye on Liverpool defender Joe Gomez ahead of a prospective summer deal. Los Blancos have also considered Antonio Rudiger of Chelsea, who will be a free agent if his contract is not renewed, Jules Kounde of Sevilla, and Pau Torres of Villarreal. They’ve also examined Matthijs de Ligt of Juventus, but the Dutchman may be beyond of their price range.
Nicolo Schira reports that Manchester United and Paris Saint-Germain are both keeping an eye on Lazio player Sergej Milinkovic-situation. Savic’s The Serbia international is expected to depart in the summer, with Lazio seeking between €70 and €80 million for the 26-year-old, whom the Red Devils sought to recruit for €60 million in 2019.
– According to Calciomercato, Internazionale, AC Milan, Juventus, and Roma are all interested in signing Sassuolo midfielder Davide Frattesi, who excelled during his first season in Serie A. Roma will earn a share of the sum paid for Frattesi, which might be beneficial if they acquire the youngster from their academy. I Giallorossi, on the other hand, are presently behind the other aforementioned three in the battle to sign him.
– According to Sport Bild, Kingsley Coman, whose current Bayern Munich deal runs through 2023, wants €20 million per season to sign a new contract, while the Bavarian club wants to pay €15 million. Only Manuel Neuer, Thomas Muller, Leroy Sane, and Joshua Kimmich are presently paid that much, with Robert Lewandowski earning more. There are doubts about whether the Frenchman has achieved the level necessary for that position, which are countered by the fact that bringing in a new player would be more costly in terms of transfer costs.
– According to Foot Mercato, Layvin Kurzawa of Paris Saint-Germain and Lucas Digne of Everton are among Napoli’s top targets as they want to bolster at left-back. Napoli’s major source of worry is in the center of defense, but it hasn’t stopped them from hunting for a replacement for Mario Rui and Faouzi Ghoulam.
Watch This Video-
- dembele age
- manchester united standings
- man utd news